Friday, July 9, 2010

Paint, Paint, Paint

I truly cannot believe how fast my internship is going by! I have been being kept really busy, painting miscellaneous things in preparation for the summer program at the museum, which begins Monday. Therefore, from here on out I will be working the summer program instead of doing office/artistic work like I've been doing now. I hope I enjoy it! Right now Mürke has me (as well as the other Praktikanten) scheduled to work four shifts per week and she says if that is too much we can cut back. My only concern about the shift schedule is being outside for 20 hours per week...gah! The weather here is unbelievable hot...and occasionally cold (Monday and Tuesday I could have used a jacket!)

Next week on Tuesday my friend Gracie arrives and I am so excited for her to come! It will be nice to see a familiar face. I am picking her up from Tegel Airport because on Tuesday I work "Nachmittags," which is 14:00-19:00, and her flight gets in at 10:10 in the morning.

This past week I kept my Thursday evening museum-hopping going strong by going to the Bode Museum. Unfortunately, I left my apartment too late (8:00/8:15) and while the museums are open until 10:00, it took me a good 20 minutes to walk there and less than an hour and a half is not enough time to see this museum and what it has to offer. That being said, what I did see was amazing and I will most definitely return.

Tomorrow I am going to Hackescher Markt as well as this little vegetable market near my apartment and then just kind of playing it by ear. Sunday I am going to this dance thing with my roommate, so that should be fun, too. The weekend forecast calls for 32' - 36' so I'm going to do my best to not stay outside too long, lest I die.

And so concludes this entry. My last entry was really long (sorry!) and I know no one wants to read that much. Until soon, my loyal followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment